What is the Employee Donation Scheme?
The Employee Donation Scheme is fully endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office. It enables businesses to involve their employees in committing regular small deductions out of their salary; this provides them with an immediate tax benefit. Employees contributions are used by the Foundation to assist those in the community who are in crisis and need help.
All of your donation will be used locally to assist those who are in crisis, disadvantaged, or isolated in your community
All that is required is for you to formally agree for your employer to make a regular deduction from your salary – as little as $1 a week will help. You will see your deductions on your pay slip and your total annual donation will appear on your end of year payment summary.
The Community Foundation of North Western Sydney will provide regular newsletters so that all donors can see how their donations are being used to benefit their community.
How Does It Work?
- Employees are invited to join the Donation Scheme.
- Those who are willing to donate need to sign a consent form
- The employer organises to make the agreed deduction out of your salary and recalculate the employee’s tax deduction. This deduction will be shown on your pay slip
- Your employer submits the total donations deducted to the Community Foundation of North Western Sydney on a monthly basis.
- The Community Foundation of NW Sydney will provide your employer with a tax deductible receipt for the amount received. This receipt is retained by the employer and they do not have to provide a receipt to the employees.
- At the end of the year your employer includes the total of the employee donations on their end of financial year payment summary.
The Community Foundation of North Western Sydney will keep you up to date on activities and you will be part of our VIP guest list for all functions.